Old 11-11-2015, 06:15 AM
OurWorkbench

Default Probably new Work Stand template needed and info Please

I am trying to do some research regarding Weed sewing machines before I actually have one "up close and personal" from one CL photo. (YES - I will post pictures when I actually have it in hand.) Fortunately, 'seller' has deleted the ad. Today is snowy and cold here so probably not today. Is there anyplace where I can find more info than Needlebar and sewmuse? Are there threading diagrams and manuals available anywhere that I could start to look? Yes, I know, I will need to determine which model it actually is.
Do all Weed machines use straight needles?
What is the shuttle movement called? It is not what I consider Transverse as the position of plates are front to back and I'm thinking that the Vibrating shuttle movement is actually an arc vs straight.

What I have determined so far:
  • treadle = feet shaped with "W" at heel
  • highly unlikely there is a manual
  • tension appears to be later style ? = lower case "t" shaped rather than capital "T"
  • bonnet with oval carved front
  • unable to determine if both plates are there - appears back plate is missing
  • unknown if presser foot there
  • lower dress/belt guard missing top connecting hardware
  • partial decals similar to http://needlebar.org/cm/displayimage..._display_media
  • I'm thinking the FF old style had the above decals but the later style had the "FF" decal on the bed?
  • It appears that there were many different Weed shuttles and associated bobbins
  • It appears that there may be different needle sizes as well??
  • The serial number is located on the lip of the underside of the machine bed but I only saw that the early machines have serial number info on needlebar
  • It appears that the hinge pins are in the back corners and that they don't have set screws?

Any further info would be greatly appreciated and I am aware that I may have to wait until I can get pictures posted for specific information.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.