View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 03:05 PM
Belfrybat

Thanks to the encouragement of folks here, I've done extremely well this year in not buying a lot of extra fabric. I really only fell off the wagon big time when Connecting Threads had their batiks on sale and then when they introduced their Kaleidoscope line. Other than that, I've purchased a few pieces to complete projects. Thank you all for your nudges, support, admonitions and forgiveness. I plan to stay on the moratorium because when I moved I was aghast at how much fabric I had. My plan, which I will reiterate when we start up again next year, is to purchase only to finish a project for the next year (or longer) and to use 90% or more of stash fabric in each quilt.

At this point, I am going to quilt the 17 quilt tops I discovered when I packed to move. Yes, seventeen. I've just finished setting up Bailey on his frame so I can get cracking on those. I hope to have 6 completely finished by Christmas (my original goal was 12, but that ain't gonna happen). So, since I won't be piecing, I won't need to buy any more fabric. Phew!