Old 11-15-2015, 09:20 AM
SteveH
Banned

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
No problem - probably be a bit before I get to it. With the hand wheel where it is, I think I may wait until John gets a template made for the work stand before I do much more on it. I did a quick rub down with sewing machine oil so I could take today to the get together. I noticed I could scrape the presser bar with my fingernail to get the varnished oil off some of it. I will have to dig out my arapaima/pirarucu/paiche scale and see if it can do the job.

I have seen plates that have been made here out of a variety of materials - clear plexi, cardboard etc. I work in a sheet metal shop and have access to scraps of mostly 24 or 26 gauge, but I think they have some other gauges as well. I know they also have (hole) punch but don't know how thick it can go. I'm open for suggestions. Maybe you or Suzanne can get an end view of the plates I may be able to figure something out.

I know you are busy with victoriansweatshop and what had been your #1 most wanted and there is also then there was that other one. Yes, I have been following those.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
16 ga for most ,14 ga for older ones has been successful for me.