Old 11-17-2015, 08:15 AM
OurWorkbench

Default Progress report 11/17/15 morning

Suzanne - you did a great job on the feed dogs - I hope mine even come close to looking that good when I get to them.

I did some polishing last night - Presser foot before cleaning
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535905[/ATTACH]

After cleaning I think it looks better than this picture shows - it is sitting on the seam guide screw -
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535906[/ATTACH]

Seam Guide & Screw before polishing -
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535907[/ATTACH]

Seam Guide & Screw after -
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535908[/ATTACH]

I was able to get the bobbin winder spring end to move and cleaned up some more. I found some CTA Spark Plug Wire Boot Pliers at a thrift store (the current 3052 pliers are different from this tool). I used this tool to turn the end a bit and then was able to move in and out. This is a side view of it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535909[/ATTACH]
I also used it to try the needle clamp screw. I was able to get it started with the tool and then the rest of the way out with just my fingers. I put some oil in the hole and screwed it back in. I'll probably have to use needle nose pliers to get the broken needle out but I'll let it "stew" today in the oil that I was able to get into the needle clamp screw hole.

I tried to use it on pressure bar but haven't been able to get it to budge.

We have both 14 & 16 gauge metal at the shop. I asked about the hole punch and was told that it probably wouldn't work for the 14 gauge but probably would for the 16.

Better get to my paying job.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Attached Thumbnails b4-presserfoot229.jpg   aft-presserfoot263.jpg   b4seamguide-n-screw240.jpg   aft-seamguide280.jpg   ctaside278.jpg