View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 05:20 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by GailG View Post
I've got UFOs stored in one of those zippered plastic bags from the bed in a bag. I doubt that it is airtight with the cloth zipper. IMHO, I think the problem with storing in plastic is if the environment is humid. The contents could mildew. We've got a central unit that is either running on AC or heat, so I think my fabric is safe.

I too used the large ziplocs to keep the tidbits and pieces leftover from the UFOs. But I've already been guilty of using up yardage that was pinpointed for binding. Yikes.
Fast forward two years later and I've learned from my mistakes. I have been preparing the backing and the binding as soon as I finish the top. Then it it stored with the flimsy, scraps and all. Scraps are stored in a large ziploc bag placed with a bin of UFO scraps,and flimsy and backing are hung on pant hangers. The binding is folded fan style and stored in a basket which will be placed at my feet to feed the binding as I stitch it to the quilt.The QB members have been my inspiration in doing better with organization. Still have a long way to go.

Last edited by GailG; 11-18-2015 at 05:24 AM.