Old 11-22-2015, 05:49 AM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
That is a cording foot BTW

Allow me to suggest 0000 Steel Wool and Brasso for the metal bits.
I'm wondering if it is a dual purpose foot as yours', SewMachines' and this one came with that foot but no other feet (unless you guys are holding out on me ;-)). I did see one that had a hemmer and another that had some other feet but I couldn't determine which ones.

I did try Brasso & 0000 steel wool on the cam on the machine and found it more messy than using alcohol swabs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536295[/ATTACH]

I'm guessing that this is supposed to roll inside the track?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536296[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536299[/ATTACH]

I'm not very brave when it comes to taking some things apart. Many of the screws I can't even turn, to take apart the things I'm comfortable enough to remove. It looks like it may take some doing to get the feed dogs out. They do need some work. Its hard to take a picture of the feed dogs straight on. I've gotten some bits out of the back, but I think there is more in there.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536297[/ATTACH]

This is where to release the feed dogs, I think. Probably need to take needle plate off, too. I have tried a few times but will allow to "stew" some more. I'm trying to be careful and not use too much force.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536300[/ATTACH]

I was able to move the pressure regulating screw by hand this morning. I just twisted back and forth a bit. I also got the stitch length screw to move a bit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536298[/ATTACH]

Still haven't gotten the needle out. I keep oiling. I got most of the stuff off the bottom of the bar. I don't have a picture of it. That is something else that is hard to get a picture of.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Attached Thumbnails cam367.jpg   roller369.jpg   feeddog-390.jpg   stitch-length372.jpg   roller373.jpg  

feeddog-arrow370.jpg