Old 11-22-2015, 06:35 PM
joe'smom

Originally Posted by playswithcolor
I shopped the stash and came up with these fabrics. A couple of them have been languishing in the stash for a few years and I would love to use them up. I don't have a good grey, so I pulled two green tone on tones. The lighter one might be best. One of the reds is a large scale print with green and golds. One of the golds is a little plaid with black and red lines in it. I hope this is enough of a mix of scale and type of fabrics. Let me know what you think.
I've only done one Bonnie quilt, and not many scrappy, but I think ideally you'd want a few more of each color if you aren't going with a single fabric for each.

We want to end up with two darks (red and black), two mediums (gray and gold) and the light neutrals. You can check your values by desaturating your photos and seeing how they look in black and white. I think your green looks about right to stand in for the gray. You'll probably have to discard some of the pieces from your large scale fabrics, because Bonnie's pieces tend to be small, so some of the pieces from the large scale prints won't show the right color.