View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 05:39 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
The 9900 is a combo machine, they were pushing left over expo class machines. I liked the on screen editor, it can do lots more than the 350, but I didn't have 3K to spend and it wasn't what I wanted. The new stand alone 500 has the editing capabilities that I liked in the 9900, particularly the arc ability. I will take the classes when I get the 500.

Now, to bring this thread back on topic, do you know when the Brother PE200 was made? I know it's practically ancient for an embroidery machine so I consider it vintage. There were two versions of it. Some with snoopy designs built in and some without. I've read tons of things about it but can't take any of it to heart because I read so many places that said it takes a class 66 bobbin and that's not true(Ask me how I know). I think maybe it was around 1990-1992 but I'd like to be more sure. Mine is the Snoopy version.

Cari

Weird! The photos I saw of it didn't look like there was an embroidery unit on it.

I'm not really sure about the PE200. Most of my dealings with Brother machines are the brand new ones. The shop I was affiliated with went into Brother about 2 years ago and hopped back out earlier this year. Typically, I serviced mostly machines that were bought there so 2 yrs and newer for the most part. Most of the Brother machines I've serviced can take a class 15 bobbin.

That's what I'm using for pre-wounds in the MC350E. Sometimes I get lazy and use an L bobbin but is sometimes plays up the tension on it - probably the lip being too low and adding resistance or something.