Old 11-25-2015, 12:36 PM
madamekelly

I have had a Facebook page since I learned to use a computer. I use it to keep up with friends and family who live too far away to visit, used it to help DH find his children lost to adoption without his consent, found a cousin no one knew about because he was adopted out and they told no one. I also use it to send warm thoughts, debate stupid things like red Starbucks cups, etc. I will tell you that before you get involved, that the games on Facebook are a trap. They force you to bug your friends, post for you as you, and just in general waste your time. Beware. They also demand all your private info, what sites you visit, all your contacts, and just in general annoy you and your friends. Now that you know what to avoid, have fun. Just do not post anything that shows your address or personal info, travel plans etc. criminals "troll" social sites looking for stupid people who post their vacation plans, location, birthday etc, so they can make you a victim. Give it a try, you can always delete it if it is not entertaining for you.