View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 08:24 PM
Bree123

Thank you all so much for your ideas! My brother has suggested getting a USB microscope. I'm going to try that (hook up to laptop next to sewing table & then put the monitor behind the machine at the back of the table & connect that to the laptop). I will update this thread once I've had a chance to try it out.

I have already tried the other ideas & they didn't work out. I was able to get shims underneath the front of my machine & that helped at bit. The main problem is that I am 5'11" and have a very long torso & long neck. My table/machine is at the proper height for my arms. My chair is at the proper height for my legs & back. The issue is that I either need to slink down in my chair, hurting my back, or I need to bend my neck forward as far as it goes (which isn't far since I have almost no range of motion to bend my neck forward due to past surgeries). I realize it will be a learning curve to quilt while watching a raised monitor, but I learned to touch type with my monitor sitting on top of 3 phone books, so I'm sure it's possible to learn to move my hands to quilt while looking at a monitor -- it's just a matter of lots of practice ... which will be more do-able once I can sit up straight with my neck in a more natural, ergonomic position.

If that doesn't work, I will either have to look into ordering a magnifier or contact Amy about a video feed.

Again, thank you all so much for your ideas. They truly helped!