View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 02:31 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

Have been doing a bit of research. The Kindle 7" is $35; the Kindle 6" (better graphics in HD) is $70 for the same gb. But I have some questions. Anyone have answers?

First off, the reviews I'm reading say that these are good buys if you have Amazon Prime because of all the free downloads. I have Amazon Prime, but I'm considering giving one as a gift to my sister (who doesn't have Amazon Prime and who is also not computer-adept, which means I will probably have to pre-load everything for her). Is it worth buying if you don't have Amazon Prime?

How many Kindle devices can be linked to an Amazon Prime account? I suppose I could link her Kindle to my account, but then I'm worried that she may inadvertently make charges to the credit card I have linked to my Amazon Prime account.

Also, just wondering if it is worth paying extra for the Kindle 6" because of its better graphics. Both my sister and I are aging, and eyes don't get any younger.....

Edit: I knew there was one more question I wanted to ask. I have an iPad Air that I use every day. What would be the value for me if I were to buy a Kindle Fire 6" or 7" if I already have an iPad?

Last edited by Prism99; 11-28-2015 at 02:33 PM.