Thread: Wichita Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 11:03 AM
LynnVT

Default Wichita Dilemma

This week we will be driving out to Wichita KS where we will stay for 4 months in a rental place near our daughter and her family. I will be joining Prairie Quilters, as I enjoyed a meeting there last June. Hope to make the afternoon Christmas party meeting on Dec. 8.
My dilemma is whether or not to bring my Sweet 16 sit-down quilting machine. There is room for it where we'll be staying, and I will be bringing my travel Janome for sewing and maybe take to a workshop or something while out there. I think we can pack the table it fits on and the machines, etc. in our Prius along with all our stuff.
Non quilters in the family think I'm crazy, friend from whom I bought the machine says, "Absolutely, bring it!" I don't know of anywhere out there that I could go to do quilting, as shops I've checked there only have long arms which I do not like. Don't want someone else to do quilting for me and my Jem is pretty small for quilting, though just fine for piecing. Daughter and family will be at school all day except for holiday break. Hubby will be watching football a lot when we are not out and about.

So am I crazy? Would you do it? Do you take a lot along on vacation?