View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 03:50 AM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Sorry, I only know about vintage SIMANCO domestic attachments. This looks like a light industrial, and this style is in current production. So there should be info on it available.

There are some really neat specialized feet available, and some have not significantly changed from what was available 50 years ago.

The vintage SIMANCO tube foot #35984, is very different looking, and the full set comes with two long tools that work with it (one is a tube turner, not sure what the other is). The set is #35985
Cathy,

The other one is called a Strip Wire in the parts list, but is called a Threading Wire in the 1938 version of "Machine Sewing" and appears to be inserted into the attachment/foot while stitching. I also think that the flatter one could be used for straps that have one closed/stitched end. I remember turning straps over a pencil. The wire could probably be used to turn the strap when both ends of the strap are open and will be sewn into a seam, like for shoulder straps. I remember attaching a safety pin on one end and threading it through. I suppose you could make the strap longer if you close one end to turn and then cut off the closed end.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.