Old 12-06-2015, 07:02 AM
Kassaundra

Originally Posted by Windblown View Post
I gotten a bit farther along and need some advice please. I was replacing the reds in this quilt with terracotta, rust colors. Well they are looking a lot like a monarch butterfly to me, or halloween.[ATTACH=CONFIG]537113[/ATTACH]

So I am trying a blue for the red both with the black or with a navy blue.[ATTACH=CONFIG]537114[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]537115[/ATTACH]

What do you think everyone? Should I wait a while to see how the rest go together?
I think the terra cotta works well. When my horses fabric didn't work and I had nothing in the stash to replace it with, I went to the store to get a replacement fabric and I toyed w/ the idea of a medium blue and doing a more mono chromatic look (light, med and dark blue, plus black and neutral) but I thought about her intriquite secondary and tertiary patterns, then looked at past finished quilts w/ good color definition the patterns just shown brilliantly, but when others had made less definite color choices those lost the intriquite secondary and tertiary patterning. I think this is the long winded way of saying I'd keep the terra cotta color.