Old 12-07-2015, 01:55 AM
LilaKay

Here are the ones I just finished for our son and his family. I got the pattern for the stockings on embilibrary.com and I got the designs from them also. I have 3 more to go for our granddaughter and her family. I cut the stocking out then placed the design on the front, quilted the lining and sewed them together. I embroidered the name on the cuff then sewed it to the stocking.[ATTACH=CONFIG]537381[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
A friend at church today asked me if I would help her make Christmas stockings for her family of 4. I told her it was too late for me this year, but would make them for next year. Now I don't know yet if she wants them quilted or just one piece of fabric on front, back & lining. She also wants the names of each family member embroidered on the cuff but I don't embroider. If we make the stockings, could they then be taken to someone with an embroidery machine & names put on then or does it have to be a flat piece that can be put in a hoop? I don't know anything about embroidery machines.

Can I see pictures of what some of y'all have made?

The Crafty Gemini had a good tutorial here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtLOTwbLaRg
Attached Thumbnails waynes-stockings.jpg