View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 03:19 AM
Girlfriend

I have a Pfaff 7510, a generation or 2 older than yours. I bought it new in 1995 for $1800.00. It is, without a doubt, a solid machine, and even though I have since bought a new Bernina, top of the line Brother (that also does embroidery), and Babylock that I love, I still keep my Pfaff around for times that I need to straight line quilt. The IDT cannot be beaten by anyone today!

I don't know what your finances are, but is there a possibility that you could get this machine, sew on it for a few years, and if you decide to become serious about quilting, move into a newer machine (by that I don't mean new Pfaff, the ones today do not compare to the old Pfaff's of yesterday)?

The questions raised about the embroidery portion of the machine are valid. I hope you are not disappointed by the old technology....if you get this machine. But know that the IDT and quality of the stitch in that machine, probably are worth the couple hundred dollars you are spending....because you definitely won't find those qualities in any of the new machines today that would cost you the same investment. Make sense?

I hope this helps. Please let us know what you decide. Good luck with your decision!

By the way, I am always looking on eBay for a 7510, in the event the motherboard goes out because I don't know what I am going to do when it eventually dies. I use it to sew on the bindings to my quilts because of the excellent performance of the walking foot....

I am wondering if you could take the machine you are thinking about buying, to an authorized repair service to have it checked out? Also, did you ask why she is selling it??

Last edited by Girlfriend; 12-07-2015 at 03:25 AM.