Thread: craigs list
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 12:02 PM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
After buying something on eBay, I always go to PayPal now and make sure to close out that window. Ever since eBay purchased PayPal they leave the PayPal window open even after you leave eBay. Leaving the PayPal window open makes it easier for hackers to get through.
My PayPal account was hacked before ebay bought them. There were charges for almost 1000, I contacted pay pal and they told me to create new username and passwords which I did plus I removed my bank account info at the same time. Thank goodness the next morning I contacted the bank and they closed my account. PayPal tried to let all of the charges go thru, I have an agreement that for 30 each they will pay charges to my account which is cheaper than returned check fees. PayPal wouldn't talk to me, they kept saying I had to check the status of my account on line but when I tried to logon on line it wanted me to verify my account information for my bank before I even got in. It was even for an old account that wasn't used and had expired. I couldn't talk to anyone or get into my PayPal account so I've never done business with them since. They even had the nerve to send me an email because my bank refused to process the fake charges. It took them a week to finally say it was settled but I won't go back to them due to the way they handled it.

I also put a machine on CL once and got something similar to this. I knew it was a scam and told them so and told them not to contact me again. My Viking #1, is still sitting in the box. I had just gotten it back from being serviced when this happened and haven't wanted to deal with it again.