View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 07:59 AM
sval

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
I travel a lot and have been on several cruises, but never a quilting cruise. To me, traveling is seeing and experiencing as much of the foreign country culture and sights as possible, and that wears me out. I can't imagine also having the time or energy to quilt too. Although I love both, I just can't see mixing the two and would be difficult for me to try to balance between them---I would constantly worry about what I was missing out on between them! But i am sure a quilting cruise could be lots of fun for meeting new people, etc. If you aren't the travel/photography addict that I am.
I can see how that would be an issue if going to someplace exotic and wonderful. But to the Caribbean not so much. The quilting days are at sea days. Not much to do those days usually anyways. Plus I'm looking for a trip to take alone. I've never done that. And I thought going on a quilting cruise I'd be able to meet people. It's a very scary idea and as I"m typing this I can feel myself backing out on the idea.
I would hope the other quilters would be people to eat meals with and perhaps go on shore excursions with.
SVAL