View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 01:33 PM
Jeanne S

Originally Posted by sval View Post
I can see how that would be an issue if going to someplace exotic and wonderful. But to the Caribbean not so much. The quilting days are at sea days. Not much to do those days usually anyways. Plus I'm looking for a trip to take alone. I've never done that. And I thought going on a quilting cruise I'd be able to meet people. It's a very scary idea and as I"m typing this I can feel myself backing out on the idea.
I would hope the other quilters would be people to eat meals with and perhaps go on shore excursions with.
SVAL
Don't be afraid to travel by yourself! The past few years my husband hasn't had the good health to do much international travel, so I go by myself a lot. I have been to romania, Croatia, Cuba, Ireland, India and Bhutan without him, and have trips planned to Scotland, iceland, Mongolia and Burma. I do travel on small group trips (less than 20 people) and there are usually more solo travelers than couples! I like having a private room because at the end of the day I like my alone quiet time. You meet lots of interesting people and will have a great time. My last few cruises have been on small boat river cruises that have port excursions every day, so I forgot about the large ship "at sea" days. Go for it, you will have a great time.