View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 05:01 PM
raedar63

Young moms and dads please take note of this conversation . I am an ER nurse . I have had several teens come in either already mildly to moderately overdosing or threatening to kill them selves . When we get to the bottom of the reason they are literally hysterical over a parent taking away their phones . Now before you comment that these kids have other issues which I am sure they do , however the trigger that pushed them was the cell phone issue . I had a mental health counselor ( they come in to evaluate any one that threatens suicide ) tell me some are considering the punishment of taking a kids cell phone a form of abuse ! So I guess my point is please set an example on your own cell usage and please limit these young teens usage . I also get so tired of the patients I take care of not even being able to get off the phone to get a basic set of vitals completed . I know this is long but this is a serious issue . I actually took care of a young girl that died because she took pills to make a point to get her phone back , unfortunately she took too many of the wrong kind .......