View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 08:54 PM
ragamuffin

Our guild, Ladybug Quilt Guild in Newark, DE, had Hollis Chatelain. Last year we had Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson do a 2 or 3 day seminar/class and it was wonderful. We pulled people from Washington, DC, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania because it was within driving distance and many stayed overnight. The seminar cost each of us $189 and it was 3 days. He covered so much, Alex too, they had their own quilts hanging, and then sold their own dyed fabric. Once the show was over, they gave our chapter some reimbursement and gave out other gifts. But I don't know how many were in attendance, maybe 250 or so. Well worth the money. I would do it all over again. Just wonderful.
We also had Karen Kay Buckley who was wonderful. Our guild has about 200 but not all come every meeting, but if
something is going on or if we are taking a bus trip say to Jinny Beyer's in Va., we will open it up to another chapter and then to guests. I think we are going there in April plus somewhere else near her place. Look into any near you, and go for it.