Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
National Teacher >

National Teacher

National Teacher

Old 12-19-2015, 07:21 PM

We recently had Mary Fons come to our guild & she was fantastic -- so funny & really great about providing basic instruction & then giving each attendee at the workshop advice targeted to their specific quilt-in-progress. Of course, I've seen videos of Ricky Tims & I think he's also really funny and a great instructor. Those two would probably be my two favorites, but admittedly, I'm more interested in going and enjoying myself and the process of making a quilt than in learning 300 new tips and completing an entire quilt top by the end of the day. Both of those quilters interject wonderful stories along with instruction that breaks it up and makes it not feel so much like I'm back in Home Ec class.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
I saw Paula Nadelstern at a guild in th Hamptons. She brought fabs with her that were not to hit the stores for 4 months.. We got first shot at them and I got some pretty fabs from her. she was down to earth and a lovely person.
My guild also had Paula at in Rochester, NY. She was wonderful, gave 2 all-day classes and a program at our guild meeting and the price for the workshops was very reasonable.....