Old 12-18-2015, 10:09 AM
kristakz

Originally Posted by Sandra-P View Post
Siodach, aka, Kate, Love your colors! Your choices are so sunny and pretty! Well, I am confused and I am doing Bonnie's colors. For one, I don't have a piece of black that is large enough, now I have to do math to figure out how much red I need to use. I mistakenly thought that scrappy meant getting rid of my smaller pieces and am now waiting for my order of Amish black to get here hopefully today from Keepsake Quilting, and might have to do a run to the fabric store for more red. Most my pieces are a half yard or so, except for the gray being at 1 1/2 yard since it was a constant.
I've never seen Bonnie do this kind of "controlled scrappy" before. But keep in mind, you don't need ALL your blacks the same. Just 16 2" squares, 30 times. So 4"x16" (or 2"x32") of each of several (30) different blacks would work. I guess that is still a pretty big piece, if you were going really scrappy, but it seems to me your 1/2 yards should be plenty.

Same with reds - one red per set. You can use 30 different reds in all, and all you need is about 8"x4 1/2" of each.

I'm thankful that I decided to do mine all (except neutrals) in single fabrics - no worries about keeping sets of 4 together for me this week. But that's a heck of a lot of headless geese.