Old 12-23-2015, 11:09 AM
Justsosew

Default Eldredge Improved machine - crinkle finish

I popped in to my local Goodwill last night and saw an Eldredge Improved machine for $9.99. It's a dark charcoal color with crackle finish, and the stitch length/forward/reverse switch is on the front of the machine. Machine looked to be in great shape, and the wheel turned freely. and moved the needle up and down. It's a round bobbin. I am not necessarily interested in buying it, but what strikes me is that I tried to identify it using Google searches and couldn't.

What kind of resources does everyone use to find information on the less mainstream machines like this?

Since I am learning to repair/restore myself, I am looking for a machine that I can autopsy without potentially ruining something worthwhile to me. Since this is not a brand I'll probably buy, I think learning on a machine like this won't be super helpful. It's probably in too good shape to do so anyway.

This is so much fun! Sidetone - I received replacement foot controller and cords for my 15-91. I'll be cleaning her up and swapping these parts, and then we'll see if the wheel will cooperate.
Thanks,
Maggie