Old 12-24-2015, 05:03 AM
OurWorkbench

Default Overdue - last weekend report

One thing I worked on over the weekend was the pressure regulator thumb screw & spring. I didn't take pictures of this process. Yes, I know, I covered that area before, but since I couldn't get the screw all the way in, I decided to work on that. IIRC it was CD that reminded us at some point that one should sometimes turn a screw back in as it is coming out to distribute the gunk a little bit. I had tried to clean a bit around in there with multiple sizes of the airbrush cleaner brushes and still couldn't get it past where it had lived for a really long time. I had had such good luck with Kroil on the stitch length regulator that I decided to try that in there. I sprayed some in and took the brushes to it. I was able to go a little further. I twisted the thumb screw back and forth a bit. Took it out and cleaned off the threads of the thumb screw. Repeated multiple times until I could get the thumb screw all the way in. I then put the spring in and pulled it back out and there was a bunch of gunk on it. Cleaned off the spring and repeated a few times.

I didn't take a picture of it, but I also took the screw out on the solid arm that is connected to the take up lever and cleaned it off some.

I was looking at a similar machine on Needlebar and noticed that it looked like there was a washer on the front edge of the feed dog mechanism. Upon comparing mine, I saw that mine had the washer on the left side rather than the right.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]538689[/ATTACH]

I had put the needle plate last week and noticed that the feed dogs seemed to be closer to the race side of the opening rather than centered. I thought maybe the washer was on the wrong side and maybe I should change it. So I started taking it apart.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]538690[/ATTACH]

After removing the screw, I realized there was something else in the hole.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]538691[/ATTACH]

It was a gunky spring

[ATTACH=CONFIG]538692[/ATTACH]

This is the end view after getting the spring and screw out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]538693[/ATTACH]

Stay tuned for a BIG NO-NO - shame on me

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Attached Thumbnails feeddogfront_b4-016.jpg   feeddogfront_b4-026.jpg   feeddogfront_b4-028.jpg   feeddogfront_b4-scw_spg-030.jpg   feeddogside_b4-033.jpg