View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 04:39 PM
Fortyniner

Smile Ironing Board Dilemma

I need help with finding a new ironing board, and thought you wonderful ladies on the Board would be the best people to ask. I bought a wonderful strong ironing board at a thrift store several years ago and have been using it ever since. I set it behind me when I sew and set it low enough that I can just rotate my chair and use it. I use it to cut, pin, paste and press, so it gets used more than the sewing machine. I even made a big board for it. However, I need to take it down a lot and that big board seems to be getting heavier the older I get. So, I decided to get one of those 18" wide ironing boards. And I wanted a really stable one with adjustable heights. So I asked dear Hubby for one for Christmas. He got me a new Brabantia. I was so excited to put it up but when I did, the lowest adjustment was to 30". I think I use it at 22-24" when I am sitting. So back it goes. Does anyone have or know of a wide board that will adjust down to 22"? I have spent the day searching on line and the only one I found doesn't seem to have many reviews and it sure looks wild.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/47713646?w...467874&veh=sem