Old 12-30-2015, 04:29 AM
Siodach

Hi all, I hope that all you weather-challenged guys are coping with the added water...

Eureka!! I've finally finished clue 4!! It seemed interminable, what with trying to fit it in between interruptions, car issues, unexpected house guests, Santa, etc etc. I'd got to the point of believing I had to finish the units to finish the bad luck .

Anyway here's the results:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539048[/ATTACH]

I'm doing 60%, so 18 sets required, and I used a hybrid cutting out system. I like the stitch-and-flip method for accuracy, but I decided I didn't really need all those extra bonus HSTs it would create, so I cut logs and used the angle ruler (first time ever lol) to cut the triangles, which I could then flip for ironing. My first batch weren't too accurate, but the remainder I improved by drawing a stitching line on the back of the logs.

Clue 5 is also finished . I did half completely scrappy, and half controlled scrappy. They went satisfyingly quickly

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539049[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539050[/ATTACH]

Funny how the flash makes the colours different.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539051[/ATTACH]

My prediction for these logs is that they will become a border, sewn together end to end, with a triangle intruding into the border. (Another hint towards an on-point setting? ) So I decided to make matching pairs so I can have matched triangles if necessary (I know, I've got 2 to swap around lol).

Anyway, Happy Hogmanay to everyone Roll on the next clue.
K
Attached Thumbnails clue-4-1wee.jpg   clue-5-2wee.jpg   clue-5-1wee.jpg   clue-5-3wee.jpg