View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 08:49 AM
Mrs. SewNSew

That turquoise bag is Ooh la la! The bases are making me jealous ad what a lovely team of machines! I wish I were as organized as you to weigh in but I am having a hard time even recalling my progress this year!

I know I had a commitment to buy less and work on machines that I already had in the hoard. I had planned to re-home at least 12. One a month seemed reasonable. That went well through July and then life got in the way! I am not even sure how many followed me home this year, but I believe it was less than 10. I am getting choosier so that is good!

My main project is still the #68 Featherweight table and I am moving extremely slowly with it.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...d-t266764.html

It took several tries to find the right stain color and when I finally had it matched in, hubby had an oopsie do and the table top tool damage so I was back to stain again. After several coats of Shellac I tried to rub the shellac out and get a nice smooth coat and it is not as smooth as I want so I have more choices to make. The plan right now is to lightly sand and see just how smooth I can get it without burning through the stain ad then consider more coats? Or can I put poly over shellac? I don't know. I only know that I will continue to work on it until I am happy with it.

The Little Gracie II frame is up in my front room and I eventually decided to give up on the old style carriage and use the upgrade. I bought a 17" Bailey Home Quilter and am learning to do my own quilting. http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...i-t269664.html
This isn't the best photo but my son was doing his best to old up my Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt from last year. This is queen sized quilt and I quilted it with the Bailey. The front room is currently the staging area for Christmas decor, but once we have a chance to clean up I am hoping to get another quilt loaded on the frame and try quilt number two!

For 2016, I have many of the same goals, to be choosier abut what machines follow me home.
To clean and re-home and try to reduce the hoard.
To learn more about quilting and to get better at it!

Maybe branch out and try a bag for my Featherweight too! I keep seeing these lovely bags!
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0024-640-x-426-.jpg   dsc_0047-640-x-426-.jpg