Old 01-04-2016, 07:07 AM
Sheilz

Default Have you ever been embarrassed by your earliest quilting efforts?

I was at Christmas. My DIL asked if I could launder my grandson's quilt which I made him three years ago, since my machine has a larger drum. I cringed when I saw the state of it - not dirt - the state of the sewing and quilting . If it had been scrutinised by a proper quilter it would've been given a big fat 'F' In my defence it was the first thing I had ever made having never used a sewing machine before, nor had I been taught to sew. At school I preferred Latin to boring 'homecraft'!. Even so, it was really bad. The jelly roll I used wasn't too badly sewn to make the top but the back - it was bad, very bad - squint bulky seams from the odd sized pieces of fleece I'd cut from the whole which had been big enough to make a whole back while the quilting was at best non-existent the rest looked like I'd downed a bottle of Scotch beforehand.
Over the past couple of days after washing it, I stripped the quilt back and re-made it. Ironically or perhaps on a positive note, there was no sign of it falling apart. Would've been handy if it had to make the stripping process easier! Lucas is now looking forward to reclaiming his super cosy quilt just in time for winter weather arriving. [ATTACH=CONFIG]539381[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]539382[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]539383[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg