Old 01-07-2016, 03:15 PM
Mrs. SewNSew

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
Christy, are you asking about which way to press the seam on the side of the setting triangle and the last block in the row? Once I sewed the entire row together, I pressed all the side seams to the left on even number rows and to the right on odd number rows so those block seams would nest when the rows were sewn together. So the seam that joined the side of the setting triangle and last block went both ways depending upon which row it was.
We did press our setting triangle pieces opposite of each other, you pressed away from the red triangle and I pressed toward it. But honestly, I don't think it makes much difference as nothing connects to those seams.
This is certainly one area that Bonnie needs to beef up her instructions in a commercial pattern.
Ok I gotcha! I might try the next one with the seams pressed towards the red triangle and see how I like it. Then just change the other to match.

I like your idea about pressing alternating ways through the rows so they nest! That's smart idea thank you!