View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 12:23 PM
Irishrose2

Good morning. Actually it's afternoon, but I lost an hour shoveling ice chunks, so it's still morning to me.
Gail, 4 pounds with Christmas in there isn't too bad. Do you have white coat hypertension? I run screwy numbers at the doctor's office, come home, and am good on both my monitors. I have to take it daily for a week after an app't just to prove to the doctor that it's okay. The problem isn't the doctor - he's great - it's the small room with the door closed because I'm claustrophobic.
Anna, what do you know about set point weight? I can hold 5 to 7 pounds over my goal weight almost no matter what I eat though I won't go on a carb binge to find out what it would take to gain beyond that. But 138?? I can force my weight down to 139 (I just did), but if I inhale and exhale, it creeps back up to 143-145. Give it up and be happy with that?? If spot exercises worked for the thick waist, I might consider it.
Why do I insist on keeping it down? With several arthritises, lupus, bolted together feet, etc, my body doesn't need any extra weight. We all have our reasons - I think it only matters that we want the best for ourselves - we each deserve it.