View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 09:31 AM
rryder

Last year I discovered that if you make a tuffet it uses up lots of fat quarters or Jelly roll strips. I made two and got rid of most of the strips in 3 different jelly rolls and a bunch of batiks. I don't have room for any more tuffets LOL!

So, this year I've started two tessellating pinwheel quilts--they will be Christmas presents for the granddaughters this year. All fabric for tops and backs are coming from my stash. Also working on two Jacob's ladder quilts (made from the jellyroll strips that were left over from making the two tuffets) and a Slice n Dice (my version of improvisational piecing) with all fabrics coming from my stash for the Jacob's ladders.

The Slice n Dice is another story, the blocks are all different sizes and I'm going for a mid-century modern feel. The blocks are all made, but I need to make filler strips to fit them together---I think I've got something in my stash that will work, if there's enough of it.

So that means I've got 4 quilt tops being pieced and 1 that's sandwiched and ready to be quilted--maybe I need to join the UFO thread too....

And...Do thread purchases count as falling off the wagon, how about nifty tools..... Just asking.....

Rob