View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 09:52 AM
Bneighbor

I dress as I would dress for the day. Today it is 10 degrees, so it's jeans, a sweater and my slippers.
Cute story: I was busy working on a wedding dress (a lifetime ago, I designed wedding dresses) and I remembered I needed to run to the grocery store for lunch supplies. I ran out of the house to go to the small local meat market. I forgot and left my tape measure around my neck. I asked the butcher for a quarter yard of salami. He asked " how much is a quarter yard?" And without thinking, I grabbed my tape measure and said "four and one half inches". His response was " you having a big get-together, cuz that sure is a lot of salami? !"
Everyone got a good laugh. I was not the least embarrassed, and he and I would always laugh at how straight-faced he was when he asked me.
On several occasions I have been accused of sitting around eating Bon Bons instead of having a "real" job. I had one of those (actually several) and feel it is my business, BUT, I have found if I take a "business" attitude about my quilting/sewing/embroidery and dress in a more business-casual style, I get more done. No pj's, sweats, or stained clothes. I feel accomplished when I dress for (sewing/quilting embroidery) success.