View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 12:03 PM
marand

I love coloring. I have the Joanna Basford books, Enchanted Forest and Secret Garden. After some research I use Prisma pencils. It is fun to do when watching TV. I have found it to be a bonding activity when my husband and sons are watching football and my daughters-in-law (who have no interest in the game) sit in the kitchen with me and color. It is becoming a bit addicting like quilting in a way. I always want more colors in my pencil collection. I have many shades of each color. We have an art supply store nearby who sells pencils individually. I now bought a special case to keep the pencils in because they are so expensive and are not supposed to drop on the floor. I have quality pencil sharpeners and a little light next to my couch. And a lap table! I love experimenting with colors and I think it helps with choosing colors in my quilts. Color on!! It IS stress reducing. And I do not think it takes time from my quilting. I do it when I would normally be watching TV or as I said, when the girls are around and I can't quilt.Try it.. It also fosters conversation. It is easy to carry when traveling. I often bring it to the nursing home when I go visit my mom and plan to stay for awhile.