View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Quilting Aggi

It seems the photos didn't show in the order I wanted, but they are there with little notes attached to the photos.

I just want to say that the photo of the blocks that are getting bigger show bigger pieces of fabric scraps on the outside. As you sew the next piece on around that area, you can have it so that the next scrap with only use a smaller portion of those big fabrics. So when you cut the excess away from the 1/4" seam, you can use those little cuttings for other blocks. You will then have smaller pieces.

There is no rhyme nor reason to where you put each piece. Just as long as you make the crumbs block big enough all the way around to cut the final size you want your blocks to go to. When I get mine ready to cut, I will be cutting them around 6 1/2" unfinished. I will have to make alot of these blocks to make a queen size quilt!

I hope these photos help some of you who had questions or concerns. This is my first time really explaining a technique online. I find I am better at visual than through writing.

Well its after 11:30 and its work again in the morning.. wooohooo almost to the weekend and a long weekend for me at that!!

Good night to you all and I'll check back this way when I get in the office in the morning!

Cheers and sweet dreams!
Andrea