Thread: windows 10 ?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 08:11 AM
romanojg

I had downloaded the free copy of 10 last yr but hadn't installed in. During the Christmas season I got a smaller laptop and wireless printer for 199 at Bj's, it had a free upgrade to win10. It was the easiest upgrade that I had ever done. it even gave me the option to use a pin number so that I didn't have to type in my long password each time. Looks a lot like 8. I decided to upgrade my other one. The first thing I did was go to Microsoft to make sure my pc had everything necessary to be upgraded. They'll scan your pc to check it first. I was missing something, it got corrected and the rest of the installation was fine. I didn't get the option for the pin but there may be a place on the laptop somewhere that has it. The first time my daughter went to print and noticed there was no printers installed, I told her jus to connect it and see if Win could find it, it gets better at finding devices with each version. She plugged in my printer which is an HP but over 10yrs old and it found it right away and she was able to print what she needed.

My small laptop doesn't have a lot of hard drive space so I was told that I can install software on a portable hd so that's what I'm going to try next for my 5D Pro. Hopefully it'll work. if not I have two other ones.

the one thing that I did love when setting up my small laptop, I also had the option of it pulling my browser and logon history from my other pc, that it wasnt' even connected to, it even pulled my router password over. When I went into the browser, it already had all of my favorites there. I'll go to Microsoft and they normally have tutorials on the systems and it helped alot on win 8.1 If in doubt, google it