View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 05:08 PM
SherylM

I collect vintage machines and right now, I have twelve of them and they all have names.

Singer 66 Redeye - Grandma, because both my husband's and my paternal grandmother had one.
Franklin Rotary - Fiona. This is the one in my avatar.
Premier 15 clone - Minnie, after a great-aunt, and also because there was a mouse nest in the bottom of the case when I bought it.
Sterling 15 clone - Aunt Lula, after another great-aunt. One of my earliest memories was of her sewing on her treadle machine.
Capitol Deluxe "dashboard" machine - Big Bertha, because she weighs almost 45 pounds and has a 1.5 amp motor. Sometimes I think she could sew through concrete!
New Home 532 - Betty Rubble, because she was a real beaten-up mess when I bought her.

And then there's my "Kenmore Krew" :

117.812 - Barney Rubble, just because his general appearance looks rather "Flinstones-ish" to me.
117.959 - Harvey - don't know why...just looks like a Harvey to me.
158.1914 - Raphaela, after the lady that I bought her from.
158.1703 - Ava the Diva - because she has more accessories than any girl has a right to.
158.1641 - Adalbert, or "Bertie" - named after a great-great uncle in Poland. I told my cousin, the family historian, that the next machine I found was going to be named after ol' Uncle Adalbert. The name makes me smile.
385.1264 - Baby - even though it's not the oldest machine I have, it's the one that's the most precious to me, because my daughter used it to make her wedding dress.