View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 08:14 AM
Sewnoma

I avoid Facebook, I have it set up so that if someone messages me directly I get an email, but otherwise I avoid it. It's a really nice rich source of information for scammers and hackers, and I don't trust Facebook as a company to treat my private information with the proper level of security. I don't pay for Facebook, that means my information and tracking information about my activities are what's being sold. No thanks! I have it locked down so people can't tag me without my permission. I have a coworker who is constantly trying to tag me on things and it drives me nuts...if we go out to lunch, she's got to post the restaurant name, the date & time and list my name. WHY? So stalkerish, I don't like it at all. I can't stop her from doing it, I can block it from my own feed and try to un-tag myself but that's all I can do. Irritates me, and I've asked her not to do it, but she "forgets". I think I'm going to start "forgetting" to meet her for lunch. Argh.

Plus I learned way too much about some of the distressingly blatantly racist opinions of some of my and my DH's family members. I've deleted a lot of "friends" from my account for that reason and refused to re-add any of them. I was pretty heartbroken over a couple of them but I have a zero tolerance policy for those sorts of attitudes in my life.

Can you tell that Facebook makes me grouchy? LOL