View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 09:59 AM
mhollifiel

Call and tell your company you want the service removed and see how quickly they offer you a deal. THEN hold out for a better offer! They will keep sweetening the deal. I had this to happen on a very fixed income and I got my rate cut in half for nearly two years. When that's up, I will cancel entirely. BECAUSE we have internet and Chromecast ($35 at Best Buy) here at my son's home. My housesitter wanted it this winter otherwise it would be GONE. That, along with a single digit Netflix account, Amazon Prime, and PBS streaming, I choose whatever I want to watch usually without commercials. I have this inexpensive but awesome indoor antenna (Winegard FlatWave FL-5000 Indoor HDTV Antenna (Digital OTA TV Antenna / High-VHF / UHF / Ultra-Thin / Black and White - Reversible) - 35 Mile Long Ran) for local channels and it works great even propped up on top of the "needs binding" pile here in my studio! Once you get a set up like this, you will realize that the satellites and cable vision industry is likely to be pretty much history in due time.
Almost forgot, Chromecast will also put youtube on your TV as well. LOVE all the quilt stuff on there! Almost any video you can google will transmit on Chromecast. You will need a Chromecast for each TV you want this to work on but it can be started from computer, phone, or tablet.

Last edited by mhollifiel; 01-28-2016 at 10:02 AM.