View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 02:48 PM
rryder

[QUOTE=tkhooper;7448822]grrrrh, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard spot. I'm still new to making quilts and I don't have an eye or a head for the process yet. So I have bought 3 different fabrics for the cornerstones on my sashing. The first and second times buying way more fabric than needed. And I had to buy the sashing fabric twice because that wasn't right. Then I bought a border fabric that I didn't need for the size of quilt I was making.

I did something similar last month. I went to Joann's to buy binding fabric for my 81" x 81" quilt after doing the math to determine how much fabric I would need to buy. I brought the quilt with me to help keep me focussed on the task at hand and away from all those distracting fabrics that I don't need, but are so luscious. I managed to whittle down the possibilities to two fabrics and then I couldn't decide which I liked better. I thought maybe I could use some of each in a scrappy binding, but then again, I might not like that, so it would be nice to have enough of at least one of them to bind the whole quilt, just in case, you know. In the end I decided to get enough of each to bind the quilt since I had two coupons, I figured it would only be a teensy little fall off the wagon and it was the end of 2015 anyway, so really, not a big deal, right? I proceeded to buy 2 1/2 yards of each fabric-- oops, don't know what I was thinking, since I only needed 1/2 yard of one for the binding--I decided it was probably a senior moment or perhaps a small brain fart, DH says he thinks it was a freudian slip....

Rob