Thread: Baby Quilt
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 09:53 AM
conblond2005

Karen, I do work with differnet patterns on the baby quilts. I usually try to buy the pink kor blue or even purple's for borders but the fabric I bought this time for the boy is light blue with darker blue dots and white rings around the dots and some the light blue and ros of sailboats and little ducks and rows with a teddy bear in a tub with his sailboat and duck and it says tub time. I have bigger light blue panels that have big teddy bears on them I might try to incorporate into it some how. For the other couple that don't know what they are having I bought some fabric with bunnies on it and there are pink, green yellow, purple color squares around the bunies. I found some other that I just love. It has alll those colors too but has things from the bible like a vase that says John 3:16 andhas crosses, lambs and says Jesus, Lamb of God and Faith Hope Love, Alleluia, and rejoice. It has the bird coming back to the ark with the leaves in his mouth. It also has patch works places in it with all the colors. I bought some white with purple dots and another piece with bigger dots, bunnies and chicks sitting in an egg shell. I got a royal blue to match some of it. Someone at the fabric store told me to make the 40 x 40 yesterday. That isn't too bad just to wrap a baby in to take to church or where ever. I may try that size and just use an easy pattern I already have and can use stitch in the ditch and not have to pay a quilter, although I have one that owes me some work because I bought her a work book and paid for her next 2 classes at Joann's. I'm sure the colors will be OK.