View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 07:01 AM
mermaid

This is my experience with needle falling out of my Brother ULT....I had difficulty with it jamming and could not remove without pliers. So I removed the needle screw completely, turned the machine over to have a close 'look see'. When I put a new needle in and the screw, I could not sew because the needle kept falling out. I took it to repair and was told a part was missing, which I denied could be the case. He was not associated with Brother co. and could not order. So I returned home and placed my machine back in it's spot. Aha--there was a strange looking item behind the machine. It looked like a nail with the head cut off. This pin goes into the screw hole before replacing the screw. Sure enough, "a part Had been missing"! I think the point goes in first, but I reversed it and have never had a problem since. This is my primary embroidery machine, so you know how fast the needle penetrates fabric. Could you somehow have lost that little pin?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-10-2017 at 09:59 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS, copyright pic