View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 06:00 AM
Edie

My husband and I had a Pudel-Pointer - hunting dog. (She is a German dog - You can google her) She is not recognized by the AKC, but she could have been shown in Europe or Canada. She looks a lot like the Wire Haired Pointing Griffon. Gorgeous dog, beautiful hunter, wonderful family dog and neighborhood dog. Tender, loving, protective and a long liver. Bridget was born in 1986 and died in our back yard in my arms Her Way September 10, 2001.

My son and daughter in law have a dog they use to protect their goats. It is a cross Comondor and Bernese Mountain Dog. It was deliberately bred that way. Ben is a sweetheart and does her job well. Ben does not have the rag mop, but has a total full coat of frizzy hair and she is beautiful, sweet and cute, too.

I have to admit I loved the Pointer (winner). I have a German Short Hair Pointer/Black Lab. Bess is 13 now and is a real curmudgeon, little old lady! Love her dearly. I love a big dog, but in the aging category of my life, I think I should be the leader - not the dog - so my next one will be Springer size and will be named with the letter B. And she will be a mutt! Edie