View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 07:49 AM
RugosaB

Originally Posted by Feather3 View Post
I like to see all the breeds too, but I am partial to the poodles. I have had toy poodles since I was 16 & I am now 58. They are super intelligent & easy to train. I bred them for 26 years. All of my dogs were pets, in house never caged, slept with us. We had a bed full, LOL. I groom my own & do the show clip, but I like to also use hair bows & nail polish. At one time I had 8 poodles, all in show clips. The purpose of the show clip is how they used them for hunting many years ago. It was to keep them from getting caught in underwater vegetation during retreiving. Yes poodles were once used for hunting. People assume they are "French", however the country of origin is actually Germany. They are a high maintenance dog, requiring frequent brushing & grooming, as their hair never stops growing. This is why most owners keep them clipped short. The dogs with corded coats (Puli) never or hardly ever get brushed out, as they would look like a giant fur ball! The coat is wiry & wooly. According to info it takes 24 hours, in a drying cage with fans blowing, for the coat to dry. They are super high maintenance. Each breed is unique in it's own way, but the most important thing at the ned of the day is they all make us HAPPY .
I have seen standard poodles, the bigger ones. with CORDED coats. Very Impressive!