Thread: I'm stuck...
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 06:32 AM
EmiliasNana

I found the easiest for me was using a kids panel and outlining EVERYTHING. It taught me control (similar to following your own cursive), gave me confidence and gave me the freedom to try a few new designs within the smaller spaces. Kids aren't going to critique your work................then donate to a worthy cause. I still have the problem of deciding what to put where, within my capabilities LOL but I don't make show quilts, so just jump in and start. Personally, stippling makes me more nervous, and I find it easier to do loops, but I usually try at least one new design on every quilt, even if it is in a small area. I also keep a sampler of what quilting patterns I can do well, seen here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t271966.html as kind of a library to remind me. Here is how I store them:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]543423[/ATTACH]
I'm a bit OCD too, and used to take out my FMQing stitches, but I like using Superior Bottom Line. It is so fine that if you match your thread, it is hard to see and hides all my mistakes LOL Most of the time I want the texture, not the thread to show. Just play and your confidence will grow with each quilt top you do. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails dscf4903.jpg