View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Dingle

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
this argument is as old as quilting. :roll:

not every expensive fabric is good fabric. not every inexpensive fabric is junk.

Americans kvetch about $10 a yard; Aussies drool at the thought of such a bargain.

there isn't a quilting fabric out there that's truly worth $10 a yard. have I paid that much? i'm sorry to say i did ... just the other day. I still can't believe it, but i did. do i feel guilty? heck no. i work hard for my money. if i want to indulge myself once in a while, it's nobody's business but mine.

will i do it again? not unless i'm that desperate again and that much too lazy again to shop around for a more sensible price when nothing but exactly what i already have in mind will do.

those who can afford the ridiculous prices at the LQS need to remember that noses were made to smell with - not to look down.

those who struggle to find something ... anything ... they can squeeze into a skin-tight budget need to remember that the LQS junkies have a right to spend their money as they choose.

as long as nobody is skipping the groceries and bills to buy fabric; as long as everybody is happy with whatever they have chosen to buy; the debate is unneccessary, pointless, and ALWAYS leads to hurt feelings. :hunf:

I agree with you 100%. A lot of times when I'm reading this board or post something, some of the other posters "seem" to criticize what is said. I buy most of my fabric from Wal-mart but always do the feel test. I'm working on a quilt now with fabrics from their and they are not even unraveling. Bought them off the quilt wall. I have also bought them on line but always on sale. No more then then $3.50 a yard and always free shipping. I share with my sister so we split the cost. Gotta do what you gotta do.