Old 02-25-2016, 10:00 AM
Fabric Galore

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore View Post
Like a ninny I forgot to download step 6 for this quilt. I think I printed the instructions but I can't find them. Can anyone help me. Bonnie doesn't have it posted on her Quiltville site and I can't find the pattern for sale anywhere. HELP!
Thank you to everyone who sent me messages about my quandary. I will have to buy some more red fabric to finish the edges and I haven't decided on my border. A friend and I drove 3 hours to go to the Daytona Beach AQS Quilt Week. What a quilt show! There were over 200 quilts entered in the juried show from all over the U. S., Germany and Japan and about 100 more on display in various vendor booths. I thought everyone was a winner. One quilt that really stuck in my mind was a full size quilt created on a LAM by Nancy Prince and Linda French from Orlando. It was called "On This Winter Day" and over a seven year period, approximately 2,000 hours, 75,000 yards of thread and 7 million stitches were necessary to design and thread paint all the people, animals, and sleighs. It looked like an actual painting. What talent and artistry. We had a full day and then we got stuck in the rush hour traffic on the I-4 entrance ramp from I-95 and we sat in a log jam for over an hour. I'm sure glad I don't have to do that drive every day. The AQS show will return in March of next year to Daytona Beach and you should try to make an effort to attend if at all possible.