View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 02:48 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

February was another fairly successful month for my moratorium. A friend at work has decided she wants to learn to sew, so, taking in scraps, pieces to work on/ give lessons during the slow moments of the wee hours she is hand piecing 3 1/2" blocks ( put together a kit for her with 25 coordinating fat 8ths - 3 1/8 yards of scraps gone!)
she used her machine ( has had for years, never learned to wind bobbin- until now) and made a baby quilt for an expecting coworker (56 6" squares) another yard+gone, 2 pillowcases, 2 more yards, then last week I gave her fabrics to make a patchwork quilt at home with her granddaughter ( 6" squares plus 108" X4" strips) total 3 yards ) so, just helping her cleared out 9+ yards of scraps! I continue to work on my Millifiore, using scraps, I paper pieced 6 coasters for my POM swap partner, I used 6 yards of fabric for a new appliquéd quilt plus 2 yards of 108" wide for backing -- all from my stash. ( which turned out Beautiful! Blue & white, can't wait to show it off!) I'm going to start cutting a new quilt ( test pattern) that uses - calls for- 7 1/2 yards of scraps! I'm making a dent! So far I've only had to buy thread. when I loaded up the blue & white quilt I told my hubby I was out of white thread....he said (" how can you call yourself a quilter & not have white thread?") I placed an order & stocked up-- only to run out of navy-- after the order was placed....so, anyway, about 18 yards of fabric gone from my shelves in February ! Yea!