Old 03-05-2016, 06:03 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

JuneBillie, if I were back in time in England, they would call me an 'original' doing my own thing. I look at each block and some seem to 'talk' to me and a story line comes through my thoughts. It started with the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt, telling stories of my childhood in relation to the block I made of my colors, not what the book said. And continued with the Pony Club. So it continues on some of the blocks in this series as well. It is my quilt so I make it my way. Flowers have to 'look' like a flower to be in my quilt. Some stories are not real stories, but some are real stories.

I could confuse you by saying my pp on right side of the print on the pp patterns, and I draw lines on the back side to stitch on for each piece. I use the templates on the right side of the fabric, and draw my lines with Gel Pens or the colored pens that are permanent because that line ends up on the back side of the block or is cut off. Some of what I do is because my left eye is blind because of an Optic Nerve "blowing out" in 1999. About three years ago, the right Optic Nerve swelled up, and I sought help at the right time, saving about 90 percent of its sight...on a good day.. not all days are good ones. Life goes on, and so does my quilting. . . at a slower pace since I am 74 this year and celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary on the 24th of this month. I had no idea how expensive a professional photographer was until today. Wow.