View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 06:47 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by CanoePam View Post
Before I was a Girl Scout leader, I had no idea how many things the girls learned from the cookie sales. First we planned what activities we wanted to do and how much it would cost. We identified opportunities to make the money (cookie sales were part of the solution but not everything). The girls would estimate how many boxes it would take to cover what they wanted to do, and the developed a plan for accomplishing the task. They took orders, calculated costs, sorted orders, collected money, learned to make change, learned to handle the public (mean ones and nice ones). I was totally amazed at how some of the shy reserved girls would blossom!

As as to changes in cookies, there have been two bakeries for year and years. The recipes are slightly different, so Samoas aren't exactly the same as Carmel D'Lites (for example). Which one is sold in your area depends in which bakery is closest. The cookies are made without preservatives and of the highest quality ingredients so they definitely cost more than regular grocery store cookies. My personal favorite is Samoas/Carmel D'Lites. Ummmmm!
now all that planning, strategizing should be done in a math class in school.....what a concept!